Paint inspections undertaken by our experienced paint inspectors can help identify the Paint inspections undertaken by our experienced paint inspectors can help identify the cause of why the large majority of industrial paint and protective treatment failures occur, whether it be due to an inappropriate coating system being specified or through poor workmanship. Through our UKAS accredited laboratories, Consultants, Engineers and Inspectors, Sandberg isable to provide a comprehensive service covering everything from paint inspection to corrosion surveys to inspection and testing of galvanizing.
Among the many services that we can offer are:
- Paint inspection and condition surveys of existing paint systems including:
- Highways structures to the requirements of BD 87/05
- Rail structures to Network Rail specifications
- Assistance in the development of specifications and inspection test plans (ITP) to suit contract requirements
- Site sampling of paint and other protective coatings
- Laboratory testing of paint samples (inc. FTIR)
- Witnessing of blasting and painting trials
- Quality control/quality assurance services
- Shop and site inspections of ongoing and completed paint and coating works
- Rope access inspection of paint and other protective finishes
- Failure investigations both on and off-site
Typical examples of paints and protective treatments that we regularly deal with are:
- Paints for corrosion protection
- Metallic coatings e.g. galvanizing
- Paints for fire protection e.g. intumescent coatings
- Powder coatings e.g. PPC
- Old lead paint
All of our paint and protective treatment Inspectors are qualified with the Institute of Corrosion (ICorr) for paint inspection including up to ICorr Level 3.
We are constantly updating our equipment and scope of services and take pride in having the latest technology for inspections and investigations.
For more information contact our in-house expert: