Very small differences in the surface temperature can reveal many remarkable qualities about concealed materials.
Thermographic cameras have improved enormously over the past few years, lowering the costs of survey such that the technique has become the cheapest and easiest means of resolving many diverse problems.
Examples of cases in which thermography has proved successful range from the obvious appraisal of insulation and thermal performance characteristics through to less evident situations such as:
- Assessment of leakage in flat roofs
- Location of wall ties
- Assessment of brick pointing
- Locating concealed flues
- Identification of delamination in concrete, macadam and many finishes
- Locating concealed services
- Locating methane generation in landfill sites
- Locating thermal contamination of waterways around outfalls
- Assessing the condition of services and plan
For more information contact our in-house expert: