Demolition or refurbishment of structures is becoming increasingly complex covering issues such as:
- Risk Assessment
- Debris Management
- Waste Recycling
- Environmental Requirements.
Information on the materials in an existing structure and their properties can be of great assistance in planning site operations.
Sandberg’s multi-disciplinary inspection, testing and consultancy team provides a range of services to organisations involved in demolition or refurbishment contracts, including:-
- Identification of materials and components
- Location of reinforcement, pre-stressing tendons and embedded services
- Non-destructive and load testing of structural elements
- Strength tests on samples of concrete, masonry and steel removed from the structure and determination of other engineering properties
- Sampling and identification of contaminated ground and groundwater or other hazardous materials
- Advice on the re-use of waste materials in new construction
Sandberg is accredited to ISO 9001 and our comprehensive materials testing laboratories are UKAS accredited for a wide range of both standard and non-standard tests.
For more information contact our in-house experts: