- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence NVQ Level 7
Julie has worked in the construction industry for more than 20 years in both consultancy and contracting environments, developing a thorough understanding of the design and construction of buildings and structures.
Since joining Sandberg as a Consultant, she has investigated failures and defects and acted as an Expert Witness in cases associated with many different materials and structures, including:
- Cementitious materials, in particular, floor screeds and reinforced concrete
- Precast concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete (GRC) and cast stone
- Floor and wall tiling
- Resilient floor coverings (vinyl, rubber and other sheet systems)
- Car park surface coatings and resin flooring
- External Wall Insulation (insulated render) systems
- Prefabricated bathroom pods
Julie has carried out many screed and concrete condition assessments, and investigated damp and water ingress associated with roofs and basement structures.
Outside work, Julie enjoys running, cycling and swimming, and has recently taken up stand-up paddle boarding. She sings in a rock choir and has recorded at Abbey Road Studios. In the winter months, she volunteers at the Winter Night Shelter in her home town of Milton Keynes.