Sandberg’s Construction Materials Department can carry out mechanical and physical testing for bricks, blocks, paving blocks, flags and kerbs.
A summary of brick, block, flagstone and paver testing offered by Sandberg:
Masonry Units to BS EN 771
(clay bricks, calcium silicate bricks, concrete blocks, lightweight blocks and manufactured stone).
- Compressive strength – BS EN 772-1 or BS 3921(s/s)
- Water absorption – BS EN 772-7
- Dry density – BS EN 772-13
- Capillary water absorption – BS EN 772-11
- Moisture movement – BS EN 772-14
Concrete Paving Blocks, Flags and Kerbs to BS EN 1338, BS EN 1339 & BS EN 1340
- Total water absorption
- Breaking strength and breaking load
- Abrasion resistance (wide wheel)
- Slip resistance
- Freeze/thaw resistance
For more information contact our in-house expert: