We are seeking an individual with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong engineering background to join our Consultancy team.
Sandberg’s Consultancy Department comprises a team of consultants providing expert advice on a wide range of construction engineering issues, including facades, glass, polymers, and metals. Consultants are given a great deal of autonomy to develop their area as appropriate and report directly to the Managing Partner.
The Firm is seeking to appoint a Materials Consultant to bring their expertise to areas such as failure investigation, façade and glazing testing and load testing. You will work alongside experienced colleagues, some renowned in their field, to provide an overall package to our clients.
- Responsible for managing, planning and costing your own work, liaising directly with clients, organising equipment and undertaking site work
- Write formal technical reports detailing your findings that may later be relied upon in legal proceedings
- Full-time position based from our laboratories in Clapham, London
- Flexibility to work partially from home, but you should live within commuting distance of London
- Mainly working in the London region, but with occasional work elsewhere in the UK
At Sandberg, we rate excellence; we’ll support you to integrate within the Firm whilst giving you the freedom to carve a niche for yourself.
The key requirements for the role are:
- A degree in Engineering, especially a Mechanical or Materials engineering
- Experience in construction or materials consultancy
- General construction knowledge
- Experience of creating technical reports for direct delivery to clients
- Experience managing and costing work
- Capable of applying your knowledge to different areas and supplementing your knowledge as required
- Driving licence
- Masters degree
- Chartered Engineer status
With over 160 years under our belts, Sandberg is considered one of the leading providers of engineering consultancy, testing and inspection services in the UK. We’ve been involved in projects as interesting and diverse as the Forth Bridge, Thames Barrier, Channel Tunnel, Canary Wharf, British Museum, Canterbury Cathedral, Dubai metro and the Smithsonian Museum. Clients are similarly diverse; we can be engaged by property management companies, contractors, private individuals, established institutions and other Consultancy Partnerships.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
Interested candidates should send a current CV and a brief cover note to: