With an engineering background, Sam joined Sandberg in 2011 to assist with project administration for the steelwork department. Since then, he has accumulated knowledge about Steelwork Fabrication, Welding, Protective Treatment and Precast Concrete, with a working knowledge of British and Industry standards in these disciplines.
The primary areas that Sam covers are:
- Coating/Structural Condition Surveys
- Steelwork/Precast Concrete/Coating Inspection (typically for Network Rail or Highways Structures)
- Paint Testing, Analysis, & Consultancy
- Intumescent Surveys, Testing, & Analysis
- Fire Damage Assessment Surveys
He is responsible for preparing proposals, organising and staffing the departmental site activities, overseeing the departmental administration, and undertaking investigative reporting for the various departmental activities.