Paul Bennett-Hughes, Senior Associate
MGeol, FGS, CGeol, EurGeol
Head Office and Central Laboratories, 5 Carpenters Place, Clapham High Street, London SW4 7TD
Tel: 020 7565 7092
Paul is a Chartered Geologist and petrographer with more than 20 years of experience in the petrographic examination, testing and forensic analysis of a wide range of artificial and natural materials.
- Specialist in concrete petrography and quantitative analysis of hardened concrete
- Petrography and allied microscopic techniques
- Scanning electron microscopy and X-ray microanalysis
- Specialist testing of materials such as grout, render, mortar and historic construction materials
- Concrete distress and deterioration assessment using NDT techniques
- Project management of site and laboratory-based test programmes.
Co-author of Concrete Society Technical Report No 71 on Concrete Petrography and a working group member for BS 1881-122: 2016, Procedure for the petrographic examination of concrete. Paul is a member of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Section Committee of the Royal Microscopical Society and The Geological Society’s Applied Petrography Group.
Paul joined Sandberg in July 2021.