Midland Corrosion Services (MCS) is seeking an experienced HVAC/Facilities Management engineer to work alongside our Senior Corrosion Engineer in the investigation of corrosion/material failures in heating/cooling and domestic water systems in buildings. The position will be based at our laboratories in Darley Dale, Derbyshire (on the edge of the Peak District National Park).
MCS carry out laboratory and on-site testing for a range of clients in the building services sector, including building owners, FM companies, water treatment companies and solicitors/insurance companies. Typical work would involve laboratory assessments of failed components followed by visits to sites such as hospitals, hotels, office blocks, educational establishments and private residential buildings.
This is an exciting, varied role for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual working within a small dynamic company.
- Degree in science or engineering discipline
- Min 3 years’ (preferably 5 years) practical experience in HVAC/FM engineering
- Ability to write technical reports
- Good analytical, practical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Full UK driving license
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment desirable
- To attend site (on own or in a team) with the view to establish heating/ chilled system parameters, review commissioning/ maintenance and water treatment records
- To write/review site visit records or laboratory reports
- To assist our senior corrosion engineer in carrying out failure investigations in building services
- To assist in examination of failed specimens and in carrying out laboratory corrosion testing
- Liaising with clients
Employment Conditions and Salary
A competitive salary with incentive bonus and benefits, dependent on experience. All necessary training will be provided.
About Midland Corrosion Services Ltd
A small, friendly company founded by the current MD in 2001. The company has established itself as one of the UK’s leading corrosion consultancy and testing companies. Since 2017, MCS has been part of Sandberg LLP – a leading materials and engineering consultancy based in Clapham, London.
To apply please email a CV to: