We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Technician to join our busy Metallurgy Department. The role would be based in our London labs and includes some site work in London and the UK.
Daily work is ever-changing and different, from barrier testing or pull out testing on construction sites and sporting arenas; to lab-based machining and reviewing samples through a microscope and all sorts in between. The role will make use of your mechanical background and require you to be able to solve problems, adapt quickly and think on your feet. This is a permanent position and it is expected that with Sandberg support and encouragement, you will be willing and able to develop your role and abilities within the wider department.
Salary is competitive and will be based on experience, qualifications and certification. After the first full year’s employment, a twice-yearly bonus may be paid (dependent on the firm’s performance) and there is a Sandberg pension scheme.
You will be dealing with Sandberg clients and must, therefore, be presentable, personable, a good communicator and have a good command of English, both written and spoken. You will have a good level of competence in the use of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel. You will be required to undertake and arrange your work using your own initiative but will always have the support of Sandberg managers and senior personnel.
- Experience with mechanical equipment, drilling, machining and welding
- Hold a craft certificate such as City & Guilds, Apprentice indenture certificate or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- Willing and able to work at height and in confined spaces
- Capable of safely accessing all appropriate areas of a typical construction site (e.g., using ladders)
- ONC/HNC level qualifications or equivalent
- Hold a CSCS card
- Have experience in metallographic/mechanical testing of materials
- Knowledge of metallography or metallographic preparation
- Driving licence recognised in the UK
Sandberg LLP is a long-standing materials consultancy providing a testing, inspection and consultancy service, predominantly to the civil engineering industry. We were established over 160 years ago and have worked on many high profile projects both in the UK and abroad.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and consider all applications that meet the role requirements.
Interested candidates should send a current CV and a brief cover note to: