Sandberg is recruiting a mid-level role to further expand its Geology/Geomaterials Department.
The Geology/Geomaterials department undertakes a range of UKAS accredited testing and consultancy on construction materials including natural stone, aggregate, mortar and concrete.
The position requires an individual prepared to undertake a variety of different and varied tasks including:
- Investigative work on construction materials of geological origin utilising petrographic and instrumentation techniques (SEM, XRD)
- Failure and defect investigations
- Coordination and supervision of laboratory testing schedules
- Creating technical reports for clients
- Supporting the laboratory’s UKAS accreditation
- Interacting with clients
- Assisting with the future growth and development of the department
This is a full time position based at our laboratories in Clapham, London.
There is potential for the successful applicant to progress within the firm to a more senior role.
The applicant should have
- A Geology degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD)
- At least 5 years’ post-degree experience in construction materials analysis
- An ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal
The applicant should ideally be a Chartered Geologist and hold a full UK driving license.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
To apply please email a CV to: