We are seeking an individual with excellent management and organisational skills and a strong engineering background to lead our load testing offering.
Sandberg’s Consultancy Department comprises a team of experts who provide testing and advice on a wide range of engineering issues. One aspect of our offering is to undertake load testing on structures to provide vital information on how a structure performs in service. Sandberg provides bespoke load testing and we pride ourselves in being able to offer testing in difficult or unusual circumstances.
The Firm is seeking to appoint a Load-testing Lead to manage and develop this established part of our business. The role involves:
- Responsibility for managing, planning and costing your own work and liaising directly with clients
- Arranging and performing on-site testing both individually and assisted by a team of technicians
- Writing formal technical reports detailing the findings. This may later be relied upon in legal proceedings
- Primarily working in the London area, but with occasional work elsewhere in the UK
This role is a full-time position based from our laboratories in Clapham, London and you should live within commuting distance of London. Due to the nature of the role, there will be flexibility to work partially from home. At Sandberg, we rate excellence; we’ll support you to integrate within the Firm whilst giving you the freedom to carve a niche for yourself.
The key requirements for the role are:
- Knowledge/Experience in construction
- Experience in creating technical reports for direct delivery to clients
- Experience managing and costing work
- Driving licence
- A degree in Engineering, especially Mechanical, Structural or Materials Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status
- CSCS card
With over 160 years under our belt, Sandberg is considered one of the leading providers of engineering consultancy, testing and inspection services in the UK. We’ve been involved in projects as interesting and diverse as the Forth Bridges, Thames Barrier, Canary Wharf, British Museum, Canterbury Cathedral, and the Smithsonian Museum.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and brief cover note to: