We are currently seeking an experienced specialist to undertake corrosion, coating and paint inspection as part of our Steelwork Inspection Department based in our London offices and visiting sites mainly in the South East, but potentially all over the UK.
This is a hands-on role with a significant amount of on-site work. You will be the lead on-site, so will be responsible for liaising with the customer and supervising other team members whilst on-site, as well as getting involved in doing inspections and taking samples as the job requires. The role will involve:
- Working from the Sandberg Laboratories in Clapham, London
- Approximately 60% of time spent on site
- Undertaking paint, coating and corrosion surveys and taking samples as required by the project
- Assistance with the preparation of comprehensive reports
- Permanent, full-time position. Normally Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
- Occasional night and weekend work as required by the project
- Work mainly in UK, but potential for overseas work
- Will include some overnight stays depending on project location
Salary is competitive and will be based on experience, qualifications and certification. A twice-yearly bonus may be paid (dependent on the firm’s performance) and there is a Sandberg pension scheme.
As you will be the site lead, it is important that you are able to supervise a small team and that you are comfortable dealing with clients in a professional manner.
- ICorr Level 1 or equivalent
- Willing to be hands on, including using abrasive wheels etc.
- Physically able – access to site may be via ladders or in cramped spaces
- HNC/HND level qualifications or better in a materials/civil engineering related subject
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Good communicator and able to converse with unfamiliar people
- Supervision experience
- Knowledge of other steelwork related inspection disciplines (i.e., welding inspection, non-destructive testing, etc.)
- Hold a CSCS card
- Driving licence recognised in the UK
THIS IS A LONDON-BASED POSITION, ONLY APPLICANTS WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE OR EXPRESSING AN INTENTION TO RELOCATE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Sandberg LLP is a materials consultancy providing a testing, inspection and consultancy service, predominantly to the civil engineering industry. We were established over 160 years ago and have worked on many high profile projects worldwide.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
Interested candidates should send a current CV and a brief cover note to: