Sandberg LLP is a materials consultancy providing a testing, inspection and consultancy service, predominantly to the civil engineering industry. We were established over 160 years ago and have worked on many high profile projects both in the UK and abroad.
We are currently seeking a capable Technician to join our busy Construction Materials Department based in our labs in Clapham, London.
This is a hands‐on role with a significant amount of on‐site work. You will be supported to train up on the various techniques and testing that you will need to succeed in the role. It is anticipated that you will become the lead on site, so will be responsible for liaising with the customer, as well as eventually be comfortable working independently doing testing and taking samples as the job requires.
- Based from the Sandberg Labs in Clapham, South London
- Testing construction materials including concretes, aggregates, mortars, bricks and flooring materials, with a particular focus on slip resistance testing
- Testing both on site and within the labs
- Permanent, full time position. Normally Monday to Friday 8am‐4pm
- Possible night and weekend work as required by the project
Salary is competitive and will be based on experience and qualifications. A twice‐yearly bonus may be paid (dependent on the firm’s performance) and you will be eligible to join the Sandberg pension scheme. Season ticket loans are available as is a cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
You will be conscientious and reliable and willing to work within a small team. It is expected that you will develop to be capable to work independently when on site and liaise directly with the clients.
- Practical and hands on
- Comfortable carrying bulky equipment around site and accessing areas with restricted space or via ladders
- Proven maths ability – you’ll need it for the testing and reporting
- Good communicator and able to converse with new people
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in a technical/construction‐related subject
- Experience of working with construction materials
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Driving licence recognised in the UK
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
Interested candidates should send a current CV to Ewan Maclean, Personnel Manager at our head office: