Some of our biggest jobs have started with a leak. We are seeking someone with experience to take on consulting work identifying and tracing water leaks, especially through waterproof membranes.
Sandberg’s Consultancy Department comprises a team of consultants providing expert advice on a wide range of construction engineering issues including those related to facades, glass, polymers and metals. Consultants are given a great deal of autonomy to develop their area as appropriate and report directly to the Manging Partner.
The Firm is seeking to appoint a Consultant to lead water leak detection and investigation within Sandberg.
- Responsible for managing, planning and costing your own work, liaising directly with clients, organising equipment and undertaking site work
- You will identify the source of leaks, in particular locating defects within waterproof membranes and where necessary extending the scope to the surrounding environments in order to provide guidance and solutions.
- Full time position based from our laboratories in Clapham, London
- Flexibility to work partially from home, but you should live within commuting distance of London
- Mainly working in the London region, but with occasional work elsewhere in the UK
At Sandberg we rate excellence; we’ll support you to integrate within the Firm, whilst giving you the freedom to carve a niche for yourself. You will be taking over from an established consultant, who will provide some support and handover.
You’ll likely have come from a surveying background as understanding of the construction of buildings is critical. Ideally we’re looking someone with all of the essential characteristics below, but for the right candidate it may be possible to start at a slightly lower level and grow your skills.
- General construction knowledge
- Understanding of roof construction and roofing membranes
- Experience of leak detection and tracing including various techniques such as dyes, chemical tracer, electronic leak detection, moisture meters and optical inspections including borescopes
- Methodical and tenacious approach
- Driving licence
- Experience managing and costing work
With over 160 years under our belts, Sandberg are considered one of the leading providers of engineering consultancy, testing and inspection services in the UK. We’ve been involved in projects as interesting and diverse as the Forth Bridge, Thames Barrier, Channel Tunnel, Canary Wharf, British Museum, Canterbury Cathedral, Dubai metro and the Smithsonian Museum. Clients are similarly diverse; we can be engaged by property management companies, Contractors, private individuals, established institutions and other Consultancy Partnerships.
Sandberg is proud to have a community feel and employ staff from a variety of different backgrounds. We are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and will consider all applications that meet the above requirements.
To apply please email a CV to: