Sandberg carry out a wide range of bolt testing on many types of bolts. These tests are carried out by our experienced technical staff to determine any number of bolt mechanical properties. Sandberg offers bolt testing using two tensometers to cover a wide range of loads as well as different test parameters.
Range of bolt tests includes:
- UKAS accredited for ISO 6892 Tensile tests - Load range 0.1 kN to 600 kN
- Tensile testing of full size and machined bolts
- Head soundness test
- Hardness test
- Proof load tests
- Shear testing
- Metric coarse and fine threads
- Unified coarse (UNC) and fine (UNF) threads
- British standard fine (BSF) and Whitworth (BSW) threads
- High Strength Friction Grip bolts
- Grading of threaded stud material
Some of the common reasons for bolt testing are to determine unknown bolt properties from samples of an existing structure in order to re-evaluate the performance for proposed new design calculations.
We also conduct bolt tests as a control of quality from a manufacturer or supplier.
Bolt mechanical properties are sometimes required during failure investigations for confirmation of strength grade.
Shear testing or one off load tests can be conducted. This may require our in-house fabrication services to manufacture bespoke fixtures or gripping systems.
For further information contact: Simon Morris, Senior Associate
Direct Tel: 020 7565 7093