Precast Concrete Inspection
Sandberg’s team of experienced precast concrete Inspectors and Consultants are able to assist with all aspects of the manufacturing process for precast concrete units.
From permanent formwork to glued segmental construction, Sandberg precast concrete inspection input gives confidence that the product will be manufactured as the Client intended.
Our precast concrete inspectors regularly undertake inspections to both Network Rail Section 80 and Highways Agency Series 1700 Specifications as well as in accordance with BS EN 13670 Execution of Concrete Structure as required by BS EN 1992 (Eurocode 2).
Our services include:-
- Design review for mixes, including susceptibility to alkali silica reaction
- Material certification and testing
- Manufacturing inspection including
- Quality Assurance Checks
- Monitoring of routine Workability Testing (Slump, Flow, Slump Flow and other workability tests), Cube Testing and results analysis
- Inspection of Material Certification for Mix Constituents
- Mould Checks (dimensions and quality)
- Batching Checks
- Checks on concrete placement
- Compaction Checks
- Tensioning and De-Tensioning checks of Pre-Stressing Wires/Tendons
- Reinforcement inspection and checks concerning placement (cover) and reinforcement tying.
- Post manufacturing survey and testing for compliance with Specification criteria
- Visual & Dimensional Inspections (including Camber, Bow and Plumb of Beams)
- Cover Meter Checks
- Non-destructive testing including cover meter, surface hardness (rebound hammer), UPV testing and maturity monitoring
Principal manufactured precast concrete components inspected include pre and post-tensioned beams, permanent decking formwork, tunnel segments, box culverts, parapet and coping units, conarch units and architectural cladding units and panels.
Our inspectors perform regular trips to Precast Concrete works throughout the British Isles as well as abroad with a wide range of experience of both Precast and Pre-stressed Precast Concrete Units for bridges, platforms and buildings.
The ability to provide a quick response nationwide, combined with the integration with the Firm's other disciplines, ensures the quality of service to our Clients.
For further information contact: Ian Hudson, Senior Associate
Direct Tel: 020 7565 7023