Glass fibre reinforced concrete (GFRC) inspection
Sandberg can assist with consultancy services relating to the procurement of Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) and the subsequent inspection of the manufactured products both in the UK and worldwide.
GFRC is used primarily for architectural units or in exterior facades. GRFC utilises high strength glass fibres to replace traditional forms of reinforcement thus producing a unit that can be up to 75% lighter than conventional precast concrete units and at the same time allowing more complex designs to be created with very high quality architectural finishes.
Sandberg Consultants are able to assist with everything from selecting the correct manufacturer thought works assessment to getting the right mix design to ensure performance while our skilled and experienced inspectors can be provide the quality control monitoring of the products during and post manufacture.
Among the services we can provide are
- Work’s Assessments
- Production of Inspection and Test Plans
- Quality audits of fabrication works
- Quality monitoring inspection including
- Inspection of materials
- Mix and batching designs and processes
- Inspection of moulds
- Set up checking
- Spraying checks
- Post-spray checks and inspections
- Finish checks including dimensional and finish checks and inspections
- Inspection of loading tests
- Failure investigations
- Quality disputes between fabricators and main contractors to provide mutually beneficial outcomes
For further information contact: Ian Hudson, Senior Associate
Direct Tel: 020 7565 7023