With over 150 years under our belts, Sandberg are considered one of the leading providers of engineering consultancy, testing and inspection services in the UK. We’ve been involved in projects as interesting and diverse as the Forth bridge, Thames Barrier, Channel Tunnel, Canary Wharf, British Museum, Canterbury Cathedral, Dubai metro and the Smithsonian Museum.
We have an opportunity for the right candidate to join our Building Inspection and Investigation department. Based in Clapham, the BIID team undertake a broad range of work from routine concrete and structural investigations, cladding facade inspections to load testing and many other projects. Our projects vary from small, single day inspections to involved investigations lasting several months.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance coordinating the work in the department, working closely with the department’s management team.
- Review customer enquiries and interact with customers to understand their requirements. Provide detailed quotations for work laying out approximate timescales.
- Plan jobs for the inspection team and arrange necessary logistics to ensure all necessary equipment and transportation is available.
- Draft technical reports based on findings of site teams for sending to customers.
- Ensure the safety of your colleagues by collating the necessary information and preparing RAMS.
- Ensuring clear communication with inspectors and other departments to progress jobs.
- It will be a mainly office-based role, but there may be the occasional opportunity to visit our customers’ sites.
Our portfolio extends to a wide range of sites and jobs and you’ll be excellently placed to learn about them and about the firm as a whole. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their interest in buildings, materials, defects, mechanisms of failure and their investigation.
- Strong technical skills.
- Able to quickly acquire new skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- (Desirable) Background in construction, civil, structural, surveying or engineering profession OR degree in a relevant subject and two years experience.
Sandberg LLP aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please send a full CV and a signed copy of the Sandberg LLP GDPR Privacy notice for Applicants to Ewan Maclean, Personnel Manager at our head office:
40 Grosvenor Gardens
London, SW1W 0EB