Corrosion and Coating Inspector
Sandberg LLP is a materials consultancy providing a testing, inspection and consultancy service, predominantly to the civil engineering industry. We were established over 150 years ago and have worked on many high profile projects both in the UK and abroad.
We are currently seeking an experienced Corrosion and Coating Inspector to join our busy Steelwork Inspection Department based in our offices near Victoria Station in London.
This is a hands-on role with a significant amount of on-site work. You will be the lead on site, so will be responsible for liaising with the customer and supervising other team members whilst on site, as well as getting involved doing inspections and taking samples as the job requires.
- Based from the Sandberg Grosvenor Gardens office in Central London
- Approximately 60% of time spent on site
- Undertaking paint, coating and corrosion surveys and taking samples as required by the project
- Permanent, full time position. Normally Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
- Occasional night and weekend work as required by the project
- Work mainly in UK, but potential for overseas work
- Will include some overnight stays depending on project location
Salary is competitive and will be based on experience, qualifications and certification. A twice-yearly bonus may be paid (dependent on the firm’s performance) and there is a Sandberg pension scheme.
As you will be the site lead, it is important that you are able to supervise a small team and that you are comfortable dealing with clients in a professional manner.
- ICorr Level 1 or equivalent
- Willing to be hands on, including using abrasive wheels etc.
- Physically able – access to site may be via ladders or in cramped spaces
- HNC/HND level qualifications or better in a materials/civil engineering related subject
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Good communicator and able to converse with new people
- Supervision experience
- Hold a CSCS card
- Driving licence recognised in the UK
THIS IS A LONDON-BASED POSITION, ONLY APPLICANTS WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE OR EXPRESSING AN INTENTION TO RELOCATE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Sandberg LLP aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates should send a current CV and a signed copy of the Sandberg LLP GDPR Privacy notice for Applicants to Ewan Maclean, Personnel Manager at our head office:
40 Grosvenor Gardens
London, SW1W 0EB