Metallurgical Laboratory Services
The Metallurgy Laboratory offers a full range of UKAS accredited mechanical and non-destructive testing along with specialist testing for new components and materials. Materials identification, coating evaluation and corrosion assessment are carried out using high and low power microscopy. Areas of expertise include:
- Corrosion Evaluation and prevention.
- Coatings Assessment of metallic and non-metallic coatings.
- Material Identification Assessment of new and ancient materials for type and grade and where applicable comparison with British and International Standards.
- Materials Testing Mechanical testing to relevant British or International Standards.
- Welding Evaluation of joints and failure investigations, also welding procedure and weld approval testing to BS EN287 and BS EN288.
- Fire and Bomb Damage Evaluation of steelwork following damage by fire and bombs.
- Load Testing Testing of structures and components both on site and in the Laboratory.
Failure Investigations Investigations into failures of components or structures of both metallic and non-metallic materials including work involving litigation.
For further information contact: Simon Morris, Associate
Direct Tel: 020 7565 7093