Inspection of Precast Concrete
Sandberg has built up a team of experienced inspection staff over many years, strategically situated in close proximity to the major precast concrete manufacturers in the United Kingdom. The ability to provide a quick response nationwide, combined with the integration with the Firm's other disciplines, ensures the quality of service to our Clients.
Inspection is normally based upon the DETR's Standards and in-house procedures which have been produced as part of the Firm's quality management system to BS EN ISO9001.
Our services include:-
- Design review for mixes, including susceptibility to alkali silica reaction
- Material certification and testing
- Manufacturing inspection
- Post manufacturing survey and testing for compliance with Specification criteria
- Non-destructive testing including covermeter, surface hardness, UPV testing and maturity monitoring
Principal manufactured components inspected include:-
- Pre and post-tensioned beams, permanent decking formwork, tunnel segments, box culverts, parapet and coping units, architectural units.
- From permanent formwork to glued segmental construction, Sandberg inspection input gives confidence that the product will be manufactured as the Client intended.
For further information contact: Ian Hudson, Senior Associate
Direct Tel: 020 7565 7023